- Self-Reflection of Current TBI Practice & Concerns
- Brain Anatomy & Common Types of Injury
- Physical/Cognitive/Behavioral/Communication Effects
- Complications – Immediate, Short and Long Term
- TBI by Developmental Age & Recovery Challenges
- Impact of Other Factors Associated with TBI
- Assessment, Interventions and Management
Discover methods to confidently meet the care challenges for someone with a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Learn what happens in the brain before and after TBI. Explore management strategies for TBI care along the continuum– from acute management through post-acute management with concomitant illnesses and TBI complications. Explore the role of mental health issues, emotional dysregulation, substance abuse, PTSD, veterans, sexuality, and aging effects in TBI.
Who Should Attend? Registered nurses, Licensed practical nurses, any member of the interprofessional team working with patients with TBI.