- Hypnosis & Guided Imagery Phenomenology
- Tenets of Neurobiology & Relevance to Pain
- How Stress Effects the Brain: Learn 3 components of Pain; How Hypnosis & Guided Imagery Impact Mitigation and Exacerbation
- Hypnotic Intervention Strategies: Video and Case Studies
- Experiential Hypnotic Exercises for Pain Management, Resources and Tools
Chronic pain management is a clinically complex challenge. Use of multi-modal, non-pharmacological therapies are guidelines recommended by the CDC and the Washington State Agency Medical Director’s Group. You will learn about and understand two non-pharmacologic options: hypnosis and guided imagery. Both modalities offer significant benefits for mitigating pain such as reduced use of pain medication and improvement in function. You will learn foundational information that support and substantiate why both interventions could be effective components of interdisciplinary and integrative care. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a blanket.
Who Should Attend? All nursing levels in all health care settings. Interdisciplinary team members also welcome.