- Managing yourself: Strengths and Weaknesses, Positioning for Role Advancement & Self-care
- Expectations: Roles, Responsibilities, Socialization & Accountability to Supervisors and Followers
- Authentic Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Ethics & Scope of Standards
- Communication: Basic Principles & Methods; Generational Considerations
- Conflict Resolution, Team Collaboration, & Relationship Building
Essentials of Nurse Management Module 1 begins with learning about yourself through a sample of the many self-assessments currently available. Next, what do followers and supervisors expect from you as a nurse manager? This important question will be answered through discussions of various leadership styles and how to become an authentic leader. Communication skills, building resilience, moral courage, and positive collegial and intra/inter-departmental networks will be examined and practiced. Strategies for conflict resolution enhancing team collaboration will close Module I for Leadership Foundation. Throughout, facilitators will share relative experiences to include mistakes made and opportunities learned from those mistakes.
Who Should Attend? Registered Nurses in all practice settings and at any level of management.
Registration includes: Attendance at program, downloadable program handouts, all day coffee, tea, water, a light breakfast and snacks. All supplies are included. Wi-fi is available in the conference center.
Need Registration Help? Click here to learn how to create a profile