Program DescriptionDownload PDF Document
Discover how different types of mental health issues affect the elderly and others in the long-term care population. You will learn about compassionate, trauma informed care, suicide prevention, respectful communication, and creative approaches to managing challenging behaviors. You will be required to pass a written examination.
This program meets the 2018 Washington State DSHS-approved mandatory “Mental Health Specialty Training” requirement for your caregiving Health Services/ Nursing staff members.
Who Should Attend? All Health Services/ Nursing caregiving staff (RN, LPN, Med Aides, Caregivers, CNA, HCA, NAR and others) in long term care settings.
- Introduction to Mental Disorders
- Compassionate and Trauma Informed Care
- Getting Help, Self Care & Suicide Prevention
- Communication Dynamics & Boundaries
- Creative Approaches to Challenging Behaviors
- Crisis Management