- Nursing Practice and the Law & Nurse’s Rights
- Understanding Malpractice Liability, Lawsuits and the Legal Process
- Legal Risks on the Job & Legal Aspects of Documentation
- Risk Management, Risk Prevention
- Legal Risks While Off Duty
- Ethics in Decision Making
- Creating Your Personal Risk Management/Prevention Plan
Avoiding Litigation in a Litigious Society will present an introduction to all levels of nursing and the law. Common reasons lawsuits are pursued by patients and families are discussed as well as strategies to prevent a malpractice lawsuit. The concepts of risk management, loss prevention and loss control will be explored. Through small group discussion, each participant will develop a personalized strategic plan to assure HIPPA compliance and decrease risk of exposure to malpractice allegations.
NOTE: Most malpractice insurance companies offer a discounted rate for individuals who have completed a course on legal issues, risk management and risk prevention.
Who Should Attend? Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical nurses, and all other health professionals interested in learning how to decrease their risk of malpractice.
Registration includes: Attendance at program, downloadable program handouts, all day coffee, tea, water, a light breakfast and snacks. All supplies are included. Wi-fi is available in the conference center.
Need Registration Help? Click here to learn how to create a profile