Traumatic Brain Injury: Caring Beyond the Acute Injury Max Contact Hours Awarded
: 6.5Max Pharmacotherapeutic Hours Awarded
Discover methods to confidently meet the care challenges for someone with a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Learn what happens in the brain before and after TBI. Explore management strategies for TBI care along the continuum– from acute management through post-acute management with concomitant illnesses and TBI complications. Explore the role of mental health issues, emotional dysregulation, substance abuse, PTSD, veterans, sexuality, and aging effects in TBI.
May 23, 2019
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: EvergreenHealth , Kirkland, WA
Who Should Attend?
Registered nurses, Licensed practical nurses, any member of the inter-professional team working with patients with TBI.
- Self-Reflection of Current TBI Practice & Concerns
- Brain Anatomy & Common Types of Injury
- Physical/Cognitive/Behavioral/Communication Effects
- Complications – Immediate, Short and Long Term
- TBI by Developmental Age & Recovery Challenges
- Impact of Other Factors Associated with TBI
- Assessment, Interventions and Management
Speaker: Rita T. (“Terri”) Brandley, MHPE, BSN, RN, CCM
If you are an employer who needs to register more than one employee for this program, please fill out our group registration form.
Registration includes: Attendance at program, downloadable program handouts, coffee, tea, water, continental breakfast, and snacks. Wi-fi is available in the conference center.
Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy
Need Registration Help? Learn how to create a profile and register for a program